Sunday, August 1, 2010

Title:  Patiently Waiting :)


Hi everyone!  I hope you guys had a great weekend and kept cool.  It wasn't too warm up here this weekend... actually pretty nice.  Except today, today was rainy.  My weekend was pretty good!  Christina and Brady (her 5-year-old son) came to visit.  Friday evening we grilled burgers since Christian was still in town and then we walked the golf course and watched Christian and Brady hit golf balls while Christina and I drank our wine and followed the boys.  :)

Christian went into work early Saturday thinking he'd have to leave for California but he called me at about noon and said they still hadn't left.  So, Christian asked if we wanted to come see the plane.  Conveniently, we were actually up to the pool on base swimming and getting some sun so we packed up and went over to Christian's hanger to see the plane and then we watched them take off!  It was my first time seeing him take off in this plane.  I have to tell ya, it's pretty hot seeing your hubby fly a big plane!  ;-)  haha

So anyway, after that we went back to the pool for a little bit and then took Brady to see Despicable Me.  It was kind of a cute movie but not as good as I expected.  He loved it so that's what mattered.  We came home after the movie and before you know it, it was dinner time and then bed time for little man so Christina and I sat on the back porch with a bottle of wine.  It was nice having a friend here!  However, I have to tell ya, having a 5-year-old around is WORK!  Good Lord.  haha  

They left this morning around 10 and I've been cleaning, washing bedding, clearing out my closet and getting ready for the week today.  I also took a trip to the mall and had to take advantage of the 70% off sale at Ann Taylor Loft!  I just got a cute grey short sleeve jacket that was $20 and then I got a dress at H&M for the wedding next weekend in Jacksonville... only $15 and it's super stylish.  :)   So now I'm patiently waiting on my love to get home from California.  He should land in the next hour or so.  Hopefully I'll be able to stay up until he's home.

I'm getting pretty excited about spending the next two weeks in Florida!  One five day trip to Jacksonville and then a six day trip to Pensacola!  AND a one night stay in my favorite city in the entire world, New Orleans!  :)  I can't wait!

Anyway, that's about it!  I hope everyone has a great week!!!

xoxo-
Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment