Sunday, August 22, 2010

Gloooooomy Sunday...

It's rainy and I'm bored out of my mind and I have no motivation to do anything that will help with my boredom.  It's a conundrum.

I had to peel myself off the couch today to go to the gym.  Once I put my gym clothes on, it took me another 30 minutes to actually get my butt out of the house.  I hate rainy weather.  It puts me in such a funk!

Luckily, weather.com is calling for partly cloudy skies and a high of 75 tomorrow!!!  I'm pretty stoked about that!  I just want this day to be over.  I could barely sleep last night because it was the first night Christian wasn't here.  The first few nights are always the hardest.  I just freak out about everything.  I'm hyper-aware of every sound and I don't like to go into different rooms after dark.  I guess you could say I'm scared of the dark.  haha  If I'm downstairs watching t.v. before and while it gets dark, once it gets dark, I don't like going upstairs (where my bedroom is).  It'll get better as the days go on. You'd think as often as Christian has to leave, I'd start to get used to it.  Yeah, not so much.  But, we live in an ultra safe area so I don't really have too much to worry about.  Plus, I now know how to use our gun and it sits neatly on my bedside table.  haha  

Only 21 more days 'til I get to see my husband!  Only three weeks from tomorrow, I'll be boarding a plane, taking my Target brand sleep aid, and setting off on a nine hour flight to Europe.  If you're ever looking for something pretty mild that will knock you out in a heart beat, try Target's sleep aids!  haha  I've only taken one pill one time in my life but I slept for about 8 hours on our flight to Germany last year.  Otherwise, the flights are brutal and soooo boring!  Of course, I had to wake up to eat and Christian just made fun of me the whole time because I was basically falling back asleep while eating.  haha  Good times.  I've already started preparing for the trip.  I'm trying to find clothes that will work well with the transition in temperatures.  Target has some great basic t-shirts on sale for $4.99 yesterday so I got a few (great for layering) and Gap has some of their belts on final sale so I got two really great belts for $9.86 yesterday!  I already have plenty of light jackets to take and good shoes that won't hurt my feet too bad.  It might just be me but there's something about Europe that makes you want to be in touch with fashion.  I'm pretty traditional with my fashion and don't veer too far off the Ann Taylor, J Crew, Gap or Banana Republic path.  I try to stay classic so my clothes can be worn through different seasons.  But, keeping that in mind, the accessories are key.  So, the aforementioned belts will provide a fashionable touch to a basic tea and jeans.  Plus, great shoes can make a plain outfit pop!  .... as well as statement jewelry (like the menswear watch I got yesterday too)!  When I was home shopping with Dad earlier this month, he got me a pair of Toms shoes.  I love them and wear them all the time.  They go so well with so many of my things!  Plus, for each pair of Toms shoes you buy, they give a pair of shoes to a child in need.  So, I told Dad he made his charitable contribution for that day.  :)  So, hopefully I won't stick out like an American tourist when I go over there.  No fanny pack and white sneakers for me.  Last year before our trip to Germany, I bought my first pair of skinny jeans specifically for the trip so I would be more stylish.  Haha I'm a little loopy, I know.

I'm continuing to search for places to rent in March when we move to New Jersey.  There are two towns that we both love so we're hoping to find a nice, historic place to rent.  Both towns are historic, Main Street types of towns with a great demographic.  Plus, they're closer to Philly than our town is now.  I've gotten back in touch with our NJ realtor so he's starting to be on the lookout.  Yes, I know it's early but I don't want to be in the same situation we were in on the move up here when we only had five days to move and no place to live!  Luckily we found this place!  The rental market is insane up here.  I've read some stats that say only about seven percent of the market up here is rental property (compared to about 30 percent in Florida).  It's very tough to find something before it gets yanked up by someone else!  So, wish us luck!

That's about all I have for today.  Good luck to my teacher friends in Florida tomorrow!!!  I hope everyone has a good, stressless week!  I love y'all!

xoxo,

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment