Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I had a minor melt down today. I broke the glass from my favorite mirror ever. It's been passed from Aunt Janet to mom and then to me with no breakage... then I break it. My dad even secured it for me about two years ago so I wouldn't break it.

Let me tell you how this all started. When we moved here I brought the mirror to our bedroom because it goes really well with our bedroom furniture. It's EXTREMELY heavy and needs to either be hung in a stud or using some special hardware. Well, Christian didn't listen to me and hung it up one night on a flimsy little hook that proceeded to rip out of the wall at approximately 12:40 a.m. and scare the devil out of us! When it fell, the mirror was still intact but a side piece that holds the mirror in place popped off the therefore the mirror was not supported by anything. It's been sitting in our bedroom in three pieces for about two weeks. So, today, I decided I was going to fix it myself. Well, I tried to slide the glass back into the frame and it got caught on one edge, I pulled up too much and *SNAP*, it cracked the bottom corner off... a piece about a foot long and six inches or so high. Ugh... I couldn't believe it. I LOVE that mirror with all my heart! It's been through so much with our family and it's so beautiful. I loved the dents and the discoloring in the glass. So, needless to say, I was a little depressed. My dad saw my Facebook post about it and called me and I just started bawling like a baby (probably letting other frustrations out along with that cry). I'm ok now but it just sucks. I'm going to try to find someone to put new glass in it. Wish me luck.....

Oh, and I'll let you know if the seven years of bad luck kicks in.... geez....

Love you all-

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment