Tuesday, April 20, 2010

((cue music)) I'm leaving on a jet plane!!! Well, in 15 days I'll be leaving on a jet plane to come HOME! I can't wait! I'm so excited to see everyone I know! Yay!
Just in case any of you were wondering, I'm sleeping fine now that Christian made it home. It was just so strange. Our neighbor (amazingly nice older man who is a retired Marine from Brooklyn), Pete, stopped me yesterday and told me to call him if I ever hear anything strange or need anything checked out when Christian's away. He told me he's well armed and not afraid to use them! That made me feel better :). Our neighbors are very friendly, aside from the fact that they are all over 60 haha. Seriously, our neighborhood consists of senior citizens and asians. No joke. It's a little strange. I wonder where all the young people live. haha

Yesterday, Christian and I went into the city again. We went through Independence Hall and saw the Liberty Bell. That was pretty neat! The amount of history here is crazy! There are so many museums and historical sites which make for a great day of culture! I'll probably do a lot of that stuff when Christian is gone and I have nothing to do. The train costs about $10 round trip and takes about 45 minutes to an hour to get down there. It would take a lot more time to drive. Going 8 miles around here takes you about 25-30 minutes. It's nuts. And, the drivers around here SUCKKKKKK. I seriously have NEVER seen worse driving in my life. No one understands that slower traffic needs to keep right. It's amazing. You'd think all these big city folks would know the ins and outs of driving but that's not the case.

Anyway, I'm starting to contact volunteer agencies for opportunities in the community. Habitat for Humanity, Mental Health Society, Animal shelters, etc... I'm going to meet and greet on May 2nd for the Junior League of Philadelphia. Junior League is a women's volunteer organization. Some of my friends from Pensacola are in it so hopefully that will be fun. Still no luck on jobs. Every week I look around for stuff. I've never really had to search for a job and do the whole internet application thing and sit back and wait. If I could get in front of people with my resume, I think I'd have a better chance. Maybe I'll meet some "people to know" when I join Junior League.

Christian and I are going to the gym now and then running errands. Love y'all and can't wait to see everyone in P'cola very soon!


Chrissi


No comments:

Post a Comment