Sunday, September 19, 2010

TAORMINA

I officially fell in love with Sicily as of yesterday.  Christian and I went to Taormina and it was one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen in my life.  Here's a picture I found online of it but I have some amazing pictures on my camera that I hope to load later today!


Taormina is a beautiful town on top of a huge cliff overlooking the Mediterranean Sea.  The streets are super narrow, lots of shopping, beautiful old buildings (similar to New Orleans architecture).  There are two levels of the town where the majority of the tourist areas are.  The first level is where all the shopping (VERY nice shops with designers like Gucci, Armani, etc) and great restaurants and the Greek Theater is there as well.  I also fell in love with a pair of boots that were 700 euro.  Christian didn't think that was too funny.  haha  Oh well.  We weren't able to make it down to the theater b/c there was some big concert going on.  We also saw a wedding going on there and the bride and groom were Greg & Nancy.  Their names sound so American so I was a little jealous about a destination wedding!  haha

After we walked around a little bit more, we went to the top of the cliff, had some drinks, watched the sunset and then had dinner.  The place we had dinner was called Bar Turrisi.   It was hilarious.  It's a bar with penis statues everywhere!  haha  Here's their website:  www.barturrisi.com  I got some great pictures of that too!  The food was, once again, amazing.  I could live forever on Italian food!

We came back to base after dinner and we're just lounging around today getting ready for our trip to Austria tomorrow.

I'll send a note later once I have the pictures loaded onto Facebook.  Love y'all!!!!

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment