Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Buongiorno!

Hello everyone!  I am now in Sicily w/ my husband!  I flew in around 8 p.m. last night and Christian and two of his fellow pilots came to pick me up at the airport and the four of us went to dinner at a little italian place that was sooooo good!  We had caprese, spaghetti, rosa vino (red wine), and some other asparagus & pesto pasta.  YUMMM!  The owner also made us try some traditional italian liquor which tasted like a mix between jagermister and goldschlogger (not sure if I'm spelling those correctly).  haha

Then we were all so full and tired so we just came back to base.  This morning, Christian and I went to the gym here on base.  After we left the gym, Christian wanted me to learn how to drive one of the cars they have for their trip which is a standard.  Well, that didn't go so well.  I couldn't even make it out of the parking lot!  haha

Today we went out to Catania for lunch.  It was really pretty and old.  It's very dirty here but it's still amazing.  We had a great lunch of yummy food but we have no idea what ingredients were in it haha.  Then, we walked around for a little bit and then went to a city called Lentini where we got three bottles of red wine, one bottle of a red champagne (too interesting to pass up) and a 5 liter jug of olive oil!  It was this little hole in the wall winery and olive oil place.  We tried to chat it up w/ the owner but there was an obvious language barrier!

We're back at the base now and planning on going out to dinner again tonight.  Christian has to go to the Netherlands tomorrow but he'll be back tomorrow evening around 6 so I'll spend tomorrow at the base and around the pool.  Friday, we're going to an island called Vulcano for a sulfur spa!  It's a trip that the base is offering so there will be more Americans.  We have to leave base at 6 a.m. and I don't think we get back until about 8 that night.  I'm pretty excited about it though!  Christian planned that all on his own!  I'm very proud haha.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello!  Love you all!

xoxo,

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment