Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Good morning from Zurich, Switzerland!!!
Well, I made it to Zurich.  The flight wasn't too bad and we actually arrived in Zurich about 45 minutes earlier than expected.  Coming into Zurich was beautiful.  There are HUGE mountain ranges covered in snow.  I've never seen mountains like these.  It was gorgeous because the sun was just coming up.  I had an empty seat next to me so I had some room to sprawl out a bit.  I slept pretty much the whole flight but woke up about every hour to change positions.  So, I'm hoping I got enough sleep to get me through the day.  There were some really nice people around me who told me about places we should go while in Sicily.  One woman had been there and she said it was absolutely gorgeous and one of the best trips she and he husband ever took.  Then, there was a guy whose family is from Sicily and he wrote down several places that I should go.  So, I'm definitely looking forward to getting there!  Christian went to Africa yesterday and is supposed to get back to Sicily this afternoon.  However, he said they had an issue with their plane when they landed in Africa and it might delay his return.  So, I have one of his fellow pilots as a back-up to pick me up.  I really hope Christian makes it back!  It's already been too long!

This airport is really clean.... and really expensive!  haha  I went to have breakfast because I'm STARVING and a little croissant and coffee was $11.  The regular American breakfast was $25!!  So, I'm going to try and find some place that sells premade sandwiches or something for lunch. I also forgot how strong the coffee is over here!  haha One croissant and a tiny cup of coffee and I'm all jittery! 

 It's already 10:30 here (4:30 Eastern time).  I'm also going to rent a shower here at the airport to freshen up before I leave.  You can rent little rooms as well but those are about $50 for three hours. The shower's only about $15. 

Anyway, I'll be updating  my blog throughout trip.  I hope everyone has a good day! 

xoxo,

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment