Thursday, June 14, 2012

Such a neat tradition

Hey guys!

I am perusing Facebook while Max naps and there is a group on there called Moms2MomsNJ.  Basically a bunch of NJ moms bouncing ideas and sharing tips with each other.  Well, the creator of it posted this today:

Just got back from the cutest neighborhood thing ever and wanted to share: So we are new to the neighborhood, but for the last 5 years on the last day of school a bunch of the moms and dads gather at the end of the road and wait for the kids to get dropped off from the bus. They have water guns, water balloons and silly string and get the kids as they get off. Then it turns into a HUGE neighborhood water fight! Everyone brings a snack and they have balloons and Happy Summer signs all over. It is adorable and although my little guy just finished preschool, I can't wait to enjoy this tradition for years to come! Wanted to share so that maybe you and your neighbors could plan a similar fun day...what memories the kids were making! :) - Sandy


How AWESOME is that?!?  I hope I can remember this on Max's last day of school each year!  Such an amazing memory maker!  


Thought I'd share.  It put a smile on my face just knowing that there are such fun, wholesome things going on. :)


-Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment