Monday, June 4, 2012

Too funny (and tragic) not to share

So, as you all know, Max is 15 weeks old as of this past Saturday and, as I have written about many times, he's not a great sleeper.  He's had a few nights where he's slept for about 7 hours straight but that's about all we can seem to get so far.  One thing I haven't clearly stated is that I am the only one who has EVER gotten up with him in the middle of the night.  For one, I'm nursing so unless I pump, I'm the only one who can feed him.  Another reason is that Christian has to work and I don't so I can actually rest during the day if I need to.  And, if I'm being totally honest, another reason is that I think I'm the only one who knows how to do everything the "right" way.  ((Hi, my name is Chrissi and I'm a control freak))

Well, last night I decided to let Christian take Max duty when he woke up for the first time.  I had a bottle all ready for him when we went to bed around 11 last night (which is very late for us).  Max actually went to bed around 6:30.  He's been falling asleep earlier and earlier lately.  So anyway.... Max woke up at about midnight and his first little whimper wakes me up but Christian is always able to sleep right through anything.  I guess it's a mother thing- I am such a light sleeper now.  I had to practically shake Christian to death in order to wake him up to go in there and feed Max.  Finally he wakes up and goes and gets Max and starts feeding him.  I then hear Christian walking out of Max's room and into the bathroom.  I'm laying in bed wondering what the hell he's doing.  Then, I hear him peeing.  Then.... I hear something drop.  Then... I hear Max kind of start to fuss and Christian shushing him a little.  Then.... I hear Christian walking back towards our bedroom and he says "you'll never guess what just happened".  At that point I knew.  My darling husband was trying to pee and feed Max as the same time.  He was holding the bottle in Max's mouth with his chin while his other hand (the one that wasn't holding Max) was "occupied".  Then, Max decided to move his head a little, like all babies do, and the whole damn bottle fell into the toilet.

Oh. My. God.  I wanted to murder Christian.  Six ounces of breastmilk (which is more valuable than gold in our house) was floating in a bowl of pee.  Fabulous, freaking fabulous.  So, obviously, I had to go in and finish that feeding.

I could tell Christian felt horrible and we ended up laughing about it but I hope he learned a lesson!  And, I may have learned to stick with my control freak ways.  haha

Anyway, I thought all of you would enjoy that.  Hope you're having a great week!!

xoxo,

Chrissi

1 comment: