Tuesday, August 2, 2011

One of the most amazing experiences of my life

Well, I got to meet our little one again today.  I had my first trimester screening done which consisted of an ultrasound and some blood work.  So much has changed since our first ultrasound that was done about 5 weeks ago!  We have a true baby now!  The heart beat sounds like galloping horses and the baby had hiccups!!!  I laughed so much watching this!  It was just so cute!  He/she moved around quite a bit while the ultrasound tech pushed on my stomach to make sure the baby got in the right position to take measurements.

I sat there will little tears falling down the side of my face as I watched this little miracle on the black and white screen.  All I could think about was how badly I wished Christian was there to see it.  I felt selfish for getting to see it while he's over in the 120 degree heat in Bahrain.  But, he just called me and we talked all about and and he was cracking up when I told him about the hiccups!  haha  :)

I'm so happy and relieved that we have a healthy baby right now.  I'm sure all moms-to-be worry like I have been but we've worked a while on this and it's just so special to us.

So, now I'm going to get to work on choosing all the baby gear and picking out stuff for a nursery.  I'm trying my hardest to find stuff that I really like but I CANNOT find any bedding sets less that $400 that I like!  I can't stand themes (no offense to anyone else.... some are super cute but they're just not my style) so I'm looking for all white bedding that can be used for a boy or girl.  Nothing too frilly like eyelet lace or anything.  The only place I've found it is on Poshtots.com and if any of you know anything about that site, it's strictly a dream site for me.  Never in a lifetime would I spend that kind of money.  So, who knows.  I will be using a print from one of my favorite artists in the nursery though.  (www.storypeople.com)  I have a couple to choose from and some of them are gender specific so I'll have to wait to order those.  The colors are bright and I'll accessorize with other stuff to offset the white.  Christian almost has the hoosier cabinet refinished!  That will be our changing station.  So excited about that!  I already have a white dresser from when I was a little girl that we'll use.  So, the only thing we have to buy is a crib!  Awesome!

Also, we have names almost finalized so I'll go ahead and reveal those so I can stake claim!  haha  If it's a girl, the name will be Adele Monroe.  I'm so ridiculously in love with that name.  I think it's gorgeous.  Plus, Adele means "to bring joy or humor".  I love the meaning.  Then, if it's a boy, we have the first name of Maximus but we'll call him Max.  We just haven't picked out a middle name yet.

Well, glad the cat is officially out of the bag now on Facebook.  So, anyone can post anything now.  haha

I hope all of you have a wonderful week!  Alison gets in town tomorrow and then we head down to Pensacola on Friday and Saturday!  Can't wait to see her!!!

Now I have to go feed myself since I'm starving every hour now!  This little jumping bean is growing like crazy!

xoxo,

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment