Friday, August 26, 2011

Come on Irene...

"Looks like this hurricane is going to run right over you" says my husband on our daily phone call today.  Thanks for that info, babe.  ;)  So, I've been watching this storm religiously for the last two days and there's really nothing else to do other than prepare.  I've stocked up on water and food to eat if we don't have power.  I have plenty of books to read and I'm about to go to the store to get one item I forgot at the store last night- a dang flashlight.  DUH!  Hopefully we won't lose power for too long but better to be safe than sorry.  I went through two weeks without power after Hurricane Ivan and it was hot as hell.  So, going a little while after this storm shouldn't be too bad since the highs are right around 80 next week.

There are a few things I have to do to prepare around the house before the storm hits....putting away plants, remove window units, storing the grill and securing furniture out on the porch.  I'm going to head northeast tomorrow to my friend Vicki's house to stay with her and her boyfriend while the storm makes it's way through.  I just don't want to be here alone.  So, as soon as it's safe to head back to Jersey, I'll head back home to assess everything.  So, say a little prayer that everything is OK and none of the HUGE trees around my house do any damage.  Luckily, we have renters insurance and everything is replaceable but man, that would suck.  TWO houses in one year damaged by storms?  No thanks.

So anyway, other than the preparations, I'm going to a Phillies game tonight!  haha  My friend Iris gets free tickets for the Marlins games so she invited me to the one tonight.  It will be my first major league baseball game and it should be fun!

Well, y'all take care and I'll keep everyone updated!

xoxo,

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment