Wednesday, August 24, 2011

What's shakin'?

Apparently, the whole East Coast was shakin' yesterday!  Yes, folks, I was able to feel my first ever earthquake yesterday as the 5.9 magnitude quake hit southwest of D.C. yesterday afternoon.  I was in Philly getting my hair done when the building started shaking and kind of swaying side to side.  I looked outside the window I was sitting next to and all the street light poles and trees were shaking too.  We didn't know what to think.  Was it a huge truck that went by?  Was it an explosion?  Were we under attack?  It was pretty freaky.  Then, about three minutes later, CNN announced that there had been an earthquake that was felt all along the east coast.  It was a strange feeling, that's for sure.  And, I'll go ahead and say that I prefer to never go through anything stronger than that!  "Experience an earthquake" has never been on my bucket list.

Other than that ground breaking news (so many puns, I can't help it), I've just been hanging around the house since I got back from FL this past weekend.  I'm so happy to be home in the presence of my own stuff.  Now, if only Christian didn't get extended until Sept 7, that would be fabulous.  But, I will say that it's good that he's not flying home this weekend because of this dang hurricane headed our way.  How crazy it is that we could have an earthquake and a hurricane in the same week IN NEW JERSEY!  Weird.  I'm going to keep watching this storm to see what our news outlets are saying and if it will really make any big issues around here.  I'm hoping it won't come this way!  I definitely don't want to be here alone while a Cat 3 hurricane runs ashore.  I'm only about an hour away from the coast so if it ends up being a direct hit and still a major hurricane, I'll hang with friends here or head out to Christian's dad's.

I just got home from the doctor for another monthly appointment.  Everything is going really well and the baby's heart rate was in the 150's this time.  I'll have blood work done September 7th as the second part of the sequential screening and at that point, I'll find out when the next ultrasound will be.  I'm assuming the end of September or beginning of October.  That's when we'll find out the sex!  I also got my prenatal passport today.  It's a little document that I'll take with me on our trip to Germany next month.  It has all of the info so far just in case I have to see a doctor over there.  I think it's pretty neat that they do that.

So, not much else is going on.  I have to get out and cut the grass this afternoon.  Blah!  I started it Monday but it was wet and thick so the lawn mower kept struggling.  So, hopefully, it's dried out by now so I can get it finished.

Hope all of you are having a good week!  Talk soon-

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment