Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Happy Tuesday!!!

Christian comes home today!!!!  I'm sooooo excited!  He's been gone six weeks and that has been long enough!  I'm hoping this rain doesn't delay his flight any.  He should be in the states in about an hour and a half and then flies into Philly this afternoon.  :)

So, the house is clean, yard is cut and groceries are bought.  I'm so ready to have him around again.  These six weeks haven't been too bad, though.  We've had worse trips, for sure.  This trip was better because we had great communication the whole time.  He was able to call every day and had decent internet connection.  The last long trip he went on was rough b/c the internet signal was awful and we weren't able to talk all the time.  But, I know I still have it easier than a lot of wives who only get to talk to their husbands (maybe) once a week while they're on deployment.  So, I'm certainly blessed and thankful right now.

I hope all of you faired well with TS Lee.  I read a lot of statuses on Facebook that said some of the winds were pretty strong and I also saw several pictures of the beaches down there.  It looks like we're going to be getting the rains from Lee later this week.  We certainly don't need any more rain after all flooding caused by Hurricane Irene.  Luckily there was no rain immediately around us but further north in the state, it's pretty bad!

Well, I went ahead and bit the bullet and scheduled an ultrasound for this Thursday to find out the sex of our little baby!  It's at 3 p.m. Thursday so I'll let all of you know when we find out!

Then, we leave Monday or Tuesday to head to Germany!  I'm excited to get over there!  We're not sure which day we're flying out yet since we're taking a military flight and you never can tell how that's going to work out.  But, we'll fly into Ramstein AFB and rent a car to head up to Frankfurt where Christian's grandparents, aunts and uncles live.  I went ahead and got a baby passport from my doctor with all of my vital info on it just in case something were to go wrong.  Plus, I talked to Christian's aunt who is calling a hospital over there to make sure they would take me just in case something goes wrong.  COVERING ALL BASES! She said the US military has contracts with most hospitals over there so everything should be pretty easy.  Plus, most docs speak fluent english, thank goodness!!  So, good deal.

We'll be gone for about 10 days and Christian and I are hoping to do some other traveling while we're there.  Little day trips and stuff.  We talked about going back to the restaurant where we got engaged.  It was along the Rhine River after we took the castle cruise.  But, this time, we're going to drive along the river and maybe stop to actually walk through some of the castles.  Should be fun!  We also tossed around the idea of going to Paris for a day since it's only about three hours away by fast train.  Who knows if that will happen, though.  I'm not holding my breath on that.  haha  But, I'm very happy that we will have a rental car this time.  Usually when we're in Frankfurt, we just walk everywhere.  But, the walking everywhere usually consists of walking about seven miles a day!  So, this pregnant girl can't guarantee that I'll be able to do that everyday this time.

But anyway, that's about all I have for right now.  I hope you all enjoy your week!

xoxo-

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment