Saturday, March 5, 2011

Back on dry land but my body's still swaying in the seas.

Yes, we made it back from our cruise to the Bahamas. I'm currently sitting on the couch in a securely grounded house but I still feel like I'm on the rocking ship. Ugh... Not fun. But, never the less, we did the trip and we can safely say we will never go on another cruise. We're simply not the cruisin' kind. We got bored and tired of mediocre food and cheesy onboard entertainment. But, it was great to enjoy some warm weather and get a little sunburned. Our ports were Grand Bahamas Island, Nassau, and then Norwegian's private island of Great Stirrup Cay. Unfortunately, though, we missed our last port because of rough seas. In order to get to the private island, the large ship has to drop anchor off shore and then take the people to the island via smaller boats. So, since the seas were too rough for the small boats, the captain cancelled the last port. Bummer. We then just spent all day on the ship floating around the Carribean. We made it back to Miami pretty early Friday morning and hopped on a bus to the airport. Our flight wasn't scheduled to leave until about 4 pm so since we didn't want to sit in the airport all day, we paid a little to get an earlier flight and got back to Philly around 3 pm. Then, without even stopping by the house, we set off for another trip to western Maryland. So, that is where I am now. Sitting here hanging with Christian and his dad on a gloomy chilly day.

I should also tell you that I'm writing this post using my iPhone so please pardon any typos. Anyway, this is Christian's last full week in the states before he leaves for his detachment to Sicily. I'll definitely miss him. :(. This week is also chock full of doctors appointments regarding fertility testing. He has two tests and then we meet with the doc to go over results on Thursday. So, please wish us luck and keep us in your prayers. I'll hopefully be able to update y'all soon. Wednesday is my day trip to NYC with Vicki to see the Dr. Oz Show! We're so excited! She also volunteered us for certain segments so I'll let y'all know if we're going to make it on tv!! Other than a dentist appointment mixed in there, that pretty much captures our week coming up.

Also, three weeks from today, Mom and I will be on our way to Rome! Ahhhh I'm so excited! Then, we get back and I'm home for a week and then I'll be heading home for a week. I'm super excited about going home too! I miss my family and girlfriends! I also miss the Fish House, Dharma Blues, Peg Leg's and McGuires! Oh, speaking of McGuires, any of you doing the run next weekend, please know that I'm green with envy! And speaking of envy, I'm very jealous of the Gulf Coast residents celebrating Mardi Gras this weekend and coming week! Man, the northeast is sure missing out on that celebration! Catch some beads for me!!

Alright everyone, I think I'm getting carpal tunnel in my thumbs from typing this whole post on my phone. So, I hope all of you are having a great weekend!! Love y'all!

Xoxo,

Chrissi

1 comment:

  1. I've never been on a cruise, and Adam wants to go! But I'm worried I'll get bored and tired of the people. LOL :) Plus, I'm afraid I'll get sick.

    I went to Dharma Blue's for the first time on Saturday for Allison Bryant's bridesmaid luncheon! My chicken salad sandwich and pasta salad were YUM!! :)

    I can't wait to see your Rome pictures!!! Hope y'all have a blast!!
    Beth :)

    ReplyDelete