Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Three days down, 37 to go.

That's right folks, we only have 37 days to go until Christian gets back home.  It seems like forever but it also seems like he'll be home in no time!  I'm definitely keeping myself busy while he's gone.  I've been on the go this week with meetings for Junior League, getting back into the gym after having a cold, refinishing furniture, doc appointment, etc.  Then, next week is really busy w/ an orthodontist consult (thinking about getting invisiline on my bottom teeth since I never wore my retainer), another laser hair removal appointment (ouch), a Girls Night Out in Haddonfield, NJ w/ some girlfriends and then my momma gets here next Friday!!  THEN, we leave next Saturday for Rome!  I can't believe it's that close!  So excited.  We'll be in Rome for five nights and then we come back to Philly on the 31st (straight flight, thank God).  Then, April 6th, I go to Florida for two weeks!  YAY!  I'm pretty excited to go home and see friends and family.  But, I also have to deal w/ all the crap for our house down there.  That, my friends, I am not excited about.

We still haven't heard what the amount will be from the insurance company, even though I've called every day this week so far.  So, I'm anxiously awaiting that so we can start all the reconstruction.  We've had a couple general contractors go over to do bids so I'm waiting to hear what their estimates are as well.  Mind you, I've NEVER handled any insurance claim and my husband is out of the country.  Super.  Oh well, I know I can handle it.  Plus, family has been super helpful so far.  I think my dad's been at the house just about every day since the tornado hit.

I'll be going to my friend Lauren's wedding while I'm home and my friend Summer is having her baby while I'm home too!  What a great trip of new beginnings for my friends!  I also am super excited to meet Ali & Ben's bundle of joy, Bram!  He's so perfect and I can't wait to get my hands on him!  Then, once I get back, Christian will be home two days later!  See, those 37 days don't sound so bad after all!  :)

Other than the stuff I mentioned in the first paragraph, nothing much has been going on up here.  We're finally supposed to get some warmer weather tomorrow and Friday!  I'm really excited about that.  I have some tulips and daffodils popping up in the front yard and I can't wait for them to bloom!  My hydrangea bushes have blooms all over and I'm just waiting for those to unravel.  Then, we have a whole patch of peonies in the back yard that will bloom later in the year.  That's amazing!  Now, I don't have to buy fresh flowers every week (I try to keep them in the house all the time b/c I love the feeling they give)... I can pick them from my own yard!  I LOVE IT!  The farmers markets and nurseries will be opening April 1st and May 1st and there are so many around us!  The festivals in our town and the other cute little towns around us are starting to advertise.  Man, I love springtime up here.  It's actually a season rather than a month-long period before ridiculous heat like I'm used to in Florida!  Plus, there's SO much to do up here in the spring and summer.  So, if anyone is interested in visiting, we have room!  We'd love to have friends/family up.... only Mom & Adam have made the trip so far.  I can tell who really loves us... haha just kidding.  ;-)

Anyway, I know my last post ended with some info about our fertility testing.  Well, we got result for Christian and he's pretty much perfect!  THANK GOD!  IF anything is wrong, I would much rather it be with me than with him.  I know I can handle if something is wrong with me but man, it would rip my heart apart if he had to go through anything.  So, definitely glad about that.  But, that also means that the testing continues.  But, now it's on my end.  I have an appointment this afternoon to meet with a new OBGYN up here who deals with fertility issues.  The doc we met with last week that did the testing for Christian suggested I go through some initial testing while Christian is gone... which totally makes sense.  The only tough thing is that I'm gone pretty much the whole time he's gone (except this week and next).  So, hopefully they'll be able to get me in for certain things while I'm here.  Fingers crossed!  It's to the point where I just want to know what the hell is going on b/c everything from the surface looks pretty much perfect (my cycles, his numbers, etc).  But, luckily, I'm not stressing about it.  I'm more curious than anything.  Do I think about it?  Sure, all the time.  But, I definitely don't let my mind go all doom and gloom.  I'm the eternal optimist here.  IT WILL HAPPEN!  ;-)

Well, crap, I just realized what time it was and now I need to go hop in the shower.  I have a whole list of things written down that I wanted to blog about.  I'll get to those later this week.  Love y'all!!

xoxo,

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment