Sunday, October 17, 2010

Home at last, with no place to go.... for about a month.

After a long seven hour drive, I'm back home from my weekend in New Hampshire.  I had a great time and it was great to see Megan and her family.  They are really great people!  We ate great New England food (clams & lobsters) and drank plenty of good red wine and bloody mary's!  The weather was a little dull Saturday with some pretty harsh winds and clouds but it certainly didn't take away from the beauty of all of the leaves changing!  This morning, all the clouds had blown by and it was absolutely gorgeous!  Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures!  I know, I know... I'm the picture queen!  But, I kept forgetting about my camera.  Oh well....

I made it back home around 5 o'clock this afternoon and have been relaxing and surfing the internet.  Christian's still gone.  He'll be gone until next Sunday I think... they had an issue w/ the plane today so the trip may get extended a day or so.  Who knows... This is the life of the Navy.  As a wife, you can never have any grand expectations for when he'll actually be home, that's for sure!  So, I'll make the most of my week.  I really need to strip a piece of antique furniture that I have but I've been putting that off for weeks.  Maybe I'll get to that this week.  I'm wanting to redecorate our living room... spice it up a bit so hopefully I can use pieces we already have to give it a new look.  If I'm anything like my mom (which people have told me I am), I can turn any room upside down and inside out without spending a penny!  :)  But, searching through the Pottery Barn website right now probably isn't helping that whole "without spending a penny" thing....

We have someone coming tomorrow to look at our broken washing machine.  Hopefully they can fix it and I don't have to go buy a new one!  I also have to go to the VW dealership tomorrow to have my tires checked out.  Apparently, I have low tire pressure and my tires are filled with nitrogen so I don't know if I can put regular air in them.  So, I'm just going to run up to the dealership and let them handle it.  I also have to go the next three days without spending much money.  Christian made a deal with me; if we can keep the credit card relatively low this month, I get to go on a winter clothes shopping spree.  He finally realized that this Florida girl's wardrobe isn't too prepared for a northeastern winter.  So, the 20th is the last day of the cycle so I'm being very good.  I really don't shop a lot and I don't spend a lot of money but we put EVERYTHING on the credit card and have had some big purchases that last few months with all the travel so it's been a nice break to see the low balance!  Hopefully, we can make this work!

Some of you may have seen on my Facebook profile that I'm listening to Christmas music.... already.  Pandora.com is my best friend for Christmas music and for some reason I'm in a very Christmasy mood!  Maybe it's the cooler weather that we're getting and the firewood we cut last weekend out in Maryland.  It's not quite cool enough for a fire but I am itching to build one ASAP!  I'm also really wanting to watch National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation!!!!  I don't have it on DVD but I will be watching it FOR SURE when I'm home at my mom's!  I love this time of year.  The holidays and all the family time... and, of course, the awesome comfy cozy clothes you get to wear!

Well, I've officially come down with writers block.  I've got nothing else to write about.  haha  Oh, I need to tell y'all about a new book I've been reading.  I'll try and do that tomorrow.  It's very interesting!

Stay tuned!

Love,

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment