Sunday, March 18, 2012

Counting the days...

Hey everyone-

Hope all of you had a great weekend and didn't get pinched yesterday on St. Patty's Day!  We had a good weekend with Dad & Rhonda here.  It was a nice distraction from the fact that Christian is overseas.  We kept busy, took a lot of walks, went out to dinner, went shopping and just enjoyed eachother's company.  We also had Christian's biological dad and step-mom come up on Saturday to see Max and meet Dad & Rhonda.  We all had a really good time.

I took Dad & Rhonda to the airport this afternoon and now Max and I are back home to an empty house.  :(  Coming back home this afternoon to an empty house made me pretty lonely.  I had a little cry but now I'm OK.  I just can't believe how hard this "det" (that's what Christian's trips are called) is on me.  I knew it would be tough but it's just insane how much I miss Christian.  I'm fine handling Max by myself and I really don't have a problem with that.  But, I miss my best friend!

So, I'm just trying to stay as busy as humanly possible to make the time go by quickly.  Daylight Savings Time is helping the days seem like they go by a little more quickly.  It gets dark around 7:45 p.m. here and then Max and I go to bed around 9 or 10.  So, there's not a whole lot of nighttime that we have to deal with, thank goodness.

Anyway, Max hit is one month mark today!  I can't believe it's been a month.  I can't say that it totally flew by but it is hard to believe we made it a whole month!  He is changing every day and he's SOOO close to smiling at me.  He coos a lot now too which is really cute.  He's gaining weight and growing like crazy!  He's so precious.  It really is amazing how much you can love a little guy.  The immediate mother-child bond didn't happen for me (maybe it was the 30 hours of labor haha) but it's certainly growing now and I love him so much.  I just can't wait for Christian to be home and enjoy all the changes he's making!  I send him at least one picture of Max every day so he can keep track.  :)

Well, I'm going to finish my "me" time while Max is napping.  Hope you all have a great week.  Please continue any prayers or good vibes for Christian, me and Max so we can make it 17 more days.

xoxo,

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment