Monday, November 1, 2010

November 1, 2010- Part 1 of 2:  Great Halloween Weekend!

Well, the weekend has come to an end and so has Mom & Adam's visit to the City of Brotherly Love.  We had a great time this weekend and I was super sad to see them off this morning!  Friday evening we ventured up to my favorite little Americana town, New Hope, PA for some brew and dinner.  Adam and Mom both LOVED it up there... maybe even as much as I do!  We parked right by the New Hope/Ivy Land Train Station (cute, old school train station....you should google it) so we got to see the "Trick or Treat Train" take off with the little kids in their halloween costumes.  It was really neat!  They have it decorated really cute all around the station.  Then, we noticed there was a brewery right across the tracks so we walked over to the Triumph Brewing Company and had some great beer!  Pumpkin Ale... my favorite! After a few drinks, we walked down to a restaurant called Karlas.  It was so neat!  Teeny tiny place in an old house with a lady playing piano right in the middle of everyone.  And, as the night went on, she started singing along... it was great!

Saturday was our day down in Philly.  We ventured to Pat's & Geno's for some cheese steaks and decided on Geno's.  It was my first cheese steak ever and it was pretty good!  We walked around in the 9th Avenue Italian Market and then headed uptown a little to visit the Reading Terminal Market (one of my favorite Philly sites).  We walked around the city a little bit then hit a sports bar to watch good ol' college football and then headed back up towards home for dinner at the Brick House in Willow Grove so we could catch the rest of the games (WAR EAGLE!)  :).

Yesterday was pretty low-key.  It was a beautiful day so Adam & Christian played golf on the course we live on and Mom and I went riding around to antique shops!  We got some great deals and I added to my growing milk glass collection!  Mom couldn't get over how cheap the antiques are up here.  I love it!

Then, last night was soooo fun!  We went down to the Eastern State Penitentiary to visit the Terror Behind the Walls Haunted House.  Eastern State Penitentiary is a historic prison that was built in 1829 and closed in 1973-ish.  Al Capone was probably the most notorious criminal to be locked up there.  This haunted house was BY FAR the best all of us had ever visited.  There were about six different themes to the haunted house and the coolest one was the 3D area.  The guides handed out 3D glasses and it was super crazy!  Soooo much fun... and I got the sh*t scared out of me a few times... so did Mom!  haha

So, all in all, we had a great time!  I'm sad to see them leave but I'm excited about going down to Florida for the holidays!

Part 2 of 2:  Happy November & Merry Christmas


On this Monday, November 1st, according to advertisers, Comcast channel 645: "Sounds of the Seasons", and the random house up here who already put Christmas lights up, it's time for Old Saint Nick to make his mark on the world.  Plus, the fact that it's COLD!  It's a brisk 50 degrees right now and supposed to stay this way for the next few days!  So, this Florida chick has a fire going in the fire place and Christmas music on the surround sound.  haha  I'm not going to be up here for the actual day of Christmas so I have to celebrate somehow, dang it!

Mom & I were watching t.v. this morning and saw our first Christmas commercial for cookies (I think that's what it was for) so I switched it to the music channel called Sounds of the Seasons and sure enough, Christmas music has started.  Kind of funny since yesterday this same channel was rocking out to "Monster Mash".  Oh well.... I guess as the song says, this is the "most wonderful time of the year" so I'll just bask in all of it's glory since it feels like Christmas outside anyway.  

So, anyway, I hope all of you have a wonderful Monday!  Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving (the red-headed step child of the holiday season)!  ;-)

xoxo,

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment