Friday, July 9, 2010

I'm still a little perturbed that this thing won't let me title my posts anymore!  I'll just start using the first line of my post as my title.  There, I showed them!  ;)


TODAY'S TITLE:  I've got the blues for not being able to see the BLUES!


It's Friday!  You know what that means?!  My darling husband flies back into town tonight from this week's trip to Denver!  You know what else it mean??  That I'm in Pennsylvania and not in Pensacola for the Friday Blue Angels show on the beach!  BuMmEr!  Summer just ain't the same without insane traffic, way too many people on the beach, the sound covered with so many boats that you can walk across them if need be and of course, the insanely loud jet noise that kicks off at 2 p.m.  And, this year, the new Margaritaville Hotel to add to it!  Man, I love (and miss) Pensacola.

So, since I can't spend this summer on the beautiful shores of the Gulf of Mexico, I guess I'll have to resort to the shores of the Atlantic Ocean.  Can you feel my contained excitement?  ha, I thought not.  But, yes, I'm telling the truth.  Next week, we're in VA Beach for four days while Christian takes a class so I'll post up ocean-side with a cold drink, a good book, and a good friend, Christina!  I guess things could be worse, right?  ;-)

Today I got a wild hair and scheduled myself a facial.  I've had one facial in my life (and the lady talked the whole time so it was ruined) and it was a gift so needless-to-say, I don't indulge in these types of things very often.  Plus, I take VERY good care of my skin (b/c my momma told me to) so these indulgences have never really been a necessity.  But, I must say, this was one of the most delightfully relaxing experiences of my life.  The first facial I got was at the Beau Rivage Spa in Biloxi and it was nice and all but the girl talked the ENTIRE time and I hate that.  If I'm paying you to relax me, please don't speak.  Thank you.  I actually wish they had a check-box on your "new client" paperwork that asks if you want them to talk or not.  But, today, she didn't peep!  The lights were really low and the music sounded like a spa in India.  She put about 7 different creams on my face and along with that music, I felt as if her fingers were little dancers all over my face.  It was truly amazing.  It ended with a super cold, peel-off mask that all came off in one piece (which I thought was pretty neat).  OK, enough about that.

I haven't really read much more of "Eat, Pray, Love".  I just haven't been in a reading mood lately.  Hopefully I'll finish it soon.  I heard on the radio today (Oprah Radio- yes, I'm obsessed) that there's a new book out called "For Better" and it's all about happy marriages/relationships.  I'm interesting in learning a little more about it.  I'm so fascinated with marriage, how to make it work and of course, the dissolution of a marriage.  It's so fragile these days.  So, I'll let you guys know if I end up getting that one.

This post is really just because I'm bored.  haha Sorry to inundate you with my boredom!  Hopefully I'll have something a little more interesting to say in my next post!  Until then...

Have a FABULOUS weekend!

OH- wait!  I want to show you a new shirt that I ordered!  Here it is! :)  When Christian is gone, I tend to watch really ridiculous shows like the Real Housewives of New Jersey.  Well, one of them had this shirt on and I LOVE it!    Ok, that's it!  BYE!!!


TEE-HappyWife-3.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment