Monday, May 17, 2010

C'est la vie

It's been 12 days since I've been home and yet, I've been home for 12 days. And, although bitter-sweet, I'm ready to go home. Confused yet? ;)

So, this trip has really been great. I've spent a lot of time with my amazing family and had some great times with my amazing friends. I'm going to miss everyone so much but I've come to realize that it's about that time in life when things start to change and the things that have always been so important aren't really that important anymore (other than friends and family). To be more specific, I can't wait to get back home and see my husband... even though I'll be home 8 days without him. I can't wait to get back to our house, our town, our everything. I miss "us". Pensacola will always be my hometown, but I no longer feel that it's really my "home". As they say, "home is where the heart is" and my heart is with my new little two-person family. I just wish I could take the people I love the most, especially my parents, with me!! But, I know some of y'all will come visit and we'll have a GREAT time in the city and the other cute little towns around us. There's so much to do and at times, that's a bit overwhelming! But, we'll have fun.

I'm definitely going back up north looking like a Florida girl. Five days on the beach definitely gave me a nice tan! I look in the mirror and barely recognize myself! Being tan just makes me feel better; more healthy in a way. I've had such a great time being home. I actually did things on this trip that I really never got to do when I actually lived here. It was a true vacation! Some of those activities included a Mother's Day outing to Seaside with the wonderful ladies in my family. It was so beautiful over there and we were delightfully surprised to find an arts festival going on! Brunch with the family at Hemmingways was another. As I mentioned, several days at the beach... dinners and lunches and coffee breaks with my amazing friends.... shopping with my wonderful dad over in Alabama, lunches with family, watching t.v. and movies and going to the beach and bookstore with mom.... going to Ft. Pickens for the first time since Hurricane Ivan... and sitting under oak trees at Bartram Park reading a book. I had a blast. Now, it's time to go back to life... I actually have to cook and clean again! Agh. And, thanks to the advice from one of my very best friends, Laura, I'm going to determine my dreams by reading a new book she recommended for people in a life rut like me! haha The life rut I'm talking about is when you've acheived the goals you set for yourself years ago. I never really thought past graduating college and landing a great job. I did both of those, thank God, but now I don't know where to go next! So, we shall see! As per this post title, c'est la via (such is life)!

Love all of you and thanks to everyone for making my trip home amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment