Thursday, November 10, 2011

Good morning!

Good morning everyone and happy Thursday!

I hope you have had a good week so far!  Tomorrow's Friday!!  I'm pretty excited about tomorrow being Friday because we're leaving tomorrow morning to head to Texas!  We're going to Houston for our friend's wedding.  We have a lot of friends going also so it should be a fun weekend.  Plus, as weird as it sounds, I'm excited about the four hour flight tomorrow because I just got a Nook this week and downloaded a book that was recommended to me by a friend and it's a pretty good one so far!  Plus, I have the December Issue of O Magazine which is the Favorite Things issue!  So, plenty of great reading material!

Then, a little update on our travels down to FL for Thanksgiving.  We're getting in town quite a bit earlier than we had planned.  Christian's leave starts on Tuesday the 22nd but he's just going to take a comp day for that Monday and we're actually going to start heading down there next Friday and get there Saturday.  We're so excited to come home!  I miss my family so much so I'm definitely excited about the extra time.  And, actually, we'll be staying a little longer than planned too.  Christian has a class to attend in Dallas the week after Thanksgiving so he'll fly out of Pcola on the 27th for that and I'll just stay in town until he flies back into Pcola that Thursday and then we'll start our drive back up here that day and be home by Friday.  Good stuff.  :)

So, some updates on baby Max.  Everything is still going well.  I went for a check-up yesterday and everything is perfect!  I'm so happy to be feeling so well.  The only thing going on is the occasional back pain and I know that definitely comes with the territory.  So, everything is good!  I have to have a Rhogam shot next week since I'm Rh Negative but that's the only thing going on that's somewhat outside the norm.

Christian and I went to our first labor related class last night.  It was a Breathing and Relaxation class and it was pretty helpful.  It was nice because it forced us to actually do the breathing methods and relaxation techniques.  So, I definitely wasn't complaining about all the massages Christian got to give me last night!  ;)  Most of the stuff I could have learned from a book but we were glad they forced us to do it.  And, I'm surprised by how few jokes Christian made about everything.  haha  He was a great sport and he'll be a great coach throughout labor.  One thing that was funny about the class was that I didn't read any of the paperwork that was sent to me about the class so we were the only couple that showed up without pillows and blankets.  haha  So, we had to sit on the hard floor but we made our way through it. I felt like a dummy though.  haha

Another thing that made me feel like a total airhead this week was when I realized that I had screwed up my best friend's bridal shower invitations that have already been mailed out.  hahaha  I went up to my office to send out a few more of the invites and realized that I had put her name as Alison Leja, NOT Alison Collier.  So, basically, I put her soon-to-be married name and not her current maiden name.  When I realized that, I thought my eyes were deceiving me.  Haha I literally flipped through every single invite that I still had to make sure this was actually happening.  I called Alison immediately but she didn't answer!  haha  Gosh, I felt so stupid.  So, I emailed the group of girls we invited and 'fessed up to my mistake.  Goodness.... this pregnancy brain thing is amazing.  haha

So, anyway, I guess the whole country has heard this morning that Joe Paterno has been fired as the head coach of Penn State.  Christian is a huge Penn State fan so it's kind of a weird thing to think about.  He's such a legacy and to see that legacy end in such an unfortunate way is really sad.  And the quote that sits beside JoePa's picture on the cover of the Philadelphia Inquirer this morning says it all; "I should have done more."  Yes, he should have.  As much and I love this 84-year-old man who has the winningest career in college football, he made a very bad decision to not take the disgusting information to police.  Sad, sad stuff.

Well, I hope y'all have a fan-freakin-tastic weekend coming up!  I'll be seeing a lot of you soon!!!!

xoxo,

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment