Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Energy needed!!!

Good morning everyone!

I'm dragging this morning and cannot get any energy!  I'm on my second cup of tea so hopefully I'll get a little pep in my step soon enough.  I feel like I have a zillion things to do before we leave this Friday to head down to Florida.  I like to have the house super clean and everything in order before we leave so we can come back home to a house that isn't in need of anything.  So, I have two days to do all of that.  Christian is thinking he'll get out of work pretty early on Friday so I'll have to have everything packed and ready to go tomorrow evening so we can get on the road as soon as he gets home Friday.  So much to do!

Well, someone who doesn't seem tired is this little man inside my belly.  He's jumping around and rolling around like crazy all day.  My stomach looks like something from the Aliens movies.  Weird.  I read on one of my weekly pregnancy updates yesterday that my amniotic fluid has decreased by half and that's one of the reasons I can feel and see every single little movement now.  It's kind of funny because Max seems the like my lower left side.  He always seems to burrow down into that area and when he does, I get a lop-sided belly.   You know, something that I've been thinking about for a while is how I can't even logically comprehend the fact that I am growing a person inside of me.  Seriously, it's mind blowing.  When I start to think about it, I just have to stop because it's just too much to really understand.  I've always thought the human body was pretty amazing but now, I have a totally new respect for my body and the crazy, wild things it can do.  Really neat.

Ok, so... moving on.  :)  If any of you are looking for a good book, I should recommend one that I finished last week.  I can't remember if I've already mentioned it to you guys but if I have, sorry for the repeat.  It's called The Glass Castle.  It's such a good book!  It's written by Jeanette Walls who is a regular contributor to MSNBC and has also done work for the NY Times, Esquire and USA Today.  This book is actually a memoir.  It's a book that is full of some amazing stories about her childhood, her alcoholic father and artist mother.  As screwed up as her childhood was, there were some amazing life lessons learned through crazy experiences and from her parents' "live free or die" lifestyle.  It's an easy read and so, so great.  The story-telling capability that she has reminds me of the great stories my uncle, Glen, used to tell me and Ali when we were little.   I've always loved a good, exciting story.  So, it's great!

I'm now reading a book called Republic: A Novel of America's Future.  It was recommended to me by a friend of mine from high school.  I'm about 100 pages into it and it reads pretty easily.  It reminds me a little of the writing style that James Patterson has.  So, hopefully it will be pretty good.

Anyway, I'm so excited to be heading home this weekend.  I can't wait to see family and friends!  I miss everyone so much!!!  Another little thing I'm super excited about is the fact that we will be spending Thanksgiving in New Orleans this year!  Christian, me, Mom, John and hopefully Adam and his lady-friend will be heading over Thanksgiving day.  As many of you know, New Orleans is my favorite place on earth so I'm super excited to spend some time in this great city.  Plus, a great cajun style Thanksgiving dinner!  We're staying right on Bourbon Street so we're trying so soak up as much New Orleans charm as possible in the one night that we are there.

I also have Laura's baby shower for the twins and Alison's bridal shower while we're in town which I'm so excited about!  And, my first baby shower!  I'm super excited about that too!  Good times!

Well, anyway, I hope y'all are having a good week!  Take some time to enjoy some "me time" for yourself!  Here's a great quote I want to share:

"Optimist: A person who travels on nothing from nowhere to happiness"

Have a fabulous day!!!!

xoxo,

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment