Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go AWAY!

I know it's only supposed to rain today and then be gorgeous for the next few days but it's making me gloooooomy.  :(  Plus, Christian left today for his two week det in the Middle East.  Fun fun....  NOT.  haha  It could be MUCH worse and MUCH longer so I won't complain.  :)

So, I just have a few updates on everything going on in our lives lately.  It's been a couple weeks since I've posted so I'll catch y'all up to speed.

Well, we had our little weekend away in New Hampshire and that was fabulous.  We had such a great time and stayed a such a great little bed & breakfast.  It's called the Squam Lake Inn and I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone going to the Meredith, NH region.  Anyway, the weekend was great, the clam bake we went to was fantastic and the weather was to die for!  Good things all around.  :)

Since we got back from New England, we've been focusing on normal life things.... getting the house prepped for fall/winter, finishing the re-finishing of the furniture we got the Max's room, and living our every day lives.  But, like I said, Christian finished the Hoosier cabinet for the nursery and I couldn't be happier with the outcome!  Now, I can't wait to really start decorating and for our little guy to be here!  He's going to have such a cool room.  I wonder if I'm ever going to want to leave it!  haha  Here are a few pictures from my "Max's room inspiration folder" on my desktop:




I love all of these and the eclectic feel that they all have.  I especially love the cow hide rug in the top pic!  That room is my favorite anyway.  But, like I've said before, I definitely don't want a theme and I don't want the room to be too baby-ish.  I want the room to grow with him and I don't want to have to get rid of a zillion things when he's too old and too cool.  :)  So, the crib in the first picture is the crib we'll get (Jenny Lind Crib- it's fantastic b/c it's super cheap and it's exactly the look I want!), Christian really likes the orange curtains and I definitely want a fabric-covered ottoman to put by the Amish rocker we're using and to just go in the middle of the room for him to walk around when he gets old enough.  I'm so excited!  :)

So anyway, in other news... I officially switched to a new OB this morning.  I just haven't had a fantastic feeling about my doc recently and his office isn't familiar enough with my insurance so I wasn't getting ultrasounds that should be covered by my insurance.  They basically just didn't know what they were doing when dealing with Tricare.  So, the new OBGYN practice I go to is called Phoenix OBGYN and they're directly affiliated with the hospital where I'll deliver and they even have a person on staff who handles all military patients.  Fantastic, right?!  So, I saw one of the docs this morning and he was pretty nice and mega calm... almost too calm.  But, there are still four other docs for me to meet during the rest of my pregnancy so I'm not committed to just one yet.  But, I just feel better about everything.  This new office is cleaner, the staff is more friendly and they actually ordered the anatomy ultrasound that my old doc said I wasn't able to have b/c of my insurance.... when in reality, this one IS covered.... like I said, they didn't know what they were doing.  So, I finally get to see my little man again on Friday.  Let's just hope and pray his anatomy is all good.  :)  Also, the doc I met with this morning seemed a little more open to the natural birth option for me.  I got a little kick-back from my other doc, which I didn't like.  I mean, I'm not a lunatic about it and I will get meds if I need them but I want to definitely try for a natural one.  That's about it as far as the baby goes.  He sounded great on the heart monitor this morning so that was good.  He's still moving like crazy and I love it.  He usually moves around the most after we've eaten dinner and I'm just sitting on the couch.  Christian has started talking to him and he kicks like crazy when he hears Christian.  Whether Max knows what he's doing or not, that melts my heart.  :*)

So anyways, I've been keeping pretty busy with Junior League lately.  Since I'm an advisor this year, I have about one or two meetings/events each week which has been great.  It's really nice when Christian is gone so I have stuff to look forward to.  

Lots of birthdays and anniversaries are coming about lately!  My mom and John celebrated their seventh wedding anniversary this past Monday.  Love that!  We have my friend Summer's b-day today, my cousin Ali's tomorrow, my pawpaw's on Friday, my friend Jenna's next Wednesday and then Laura & Stan's anniversary is next Friday!  I should buy stock in greeting cards!  haha  I hope all of them enjoy their days!  

Well, I hope y'all are having a good week!  I love y'all!

xoxo, 

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment