Sunday, April 3, 2011

A few more tid-bits about our trip

1. While in Rome, I was searching for something very rare and hopefully antique to take back home.  Well, at a small street market, I found just what I was looking for.  An old Italian Marionette puppet made out of wood and he has a suit of armor on made out of patina.  I fell in love right away.  The lady told me he was 70 euro.  I talked her down to 60 euro ($84) and walked away with him for that.  He's really neat looking and actually a little creepy even.  Well, last night, after this stream of bad luck, I got it into my mind that he was cursed.  So, I had to move him out of our living room.  Yes, I'm crazy, I know.  BUT- I just did a search online for similar things and found out that he's worth over $500!!!! FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS!  Man, what a find!  He came with a little certificate that's all in Italian.  After searching through google a little while, I finally came across an antiques website (www.anticobello.com) that has four of these guys all for about $500 a piece!  So cool!  If you want to take a look, go to this website and search for Italian Marionette.

2.  As I mentioned above and as you heard in my last post, I have had a stream of bad luck when it comes to this trip we just took.  As I explained in my last post, I left my iPhone over in Rome at my hotel.  Remember how I said I used a phone in the airport to call the hotel to make sure they had my phone?  Yeah, well, that phone was one of those that you use your credit card on and I now have six different charges pending on my credit card for a total of $190 from the company that connects the calls from these kinds of phones.  UGHHHHHH!!!!!  Turns out, the company that charged me all those times is called BBG Communications and is out of San Diego.  There are all kinds of stories online about this company ripping people off.  So, because the charges are still pending, there's nothing we can do until they actually post to our account.  Meanwhile, I called BBG to dispute the charges and the first thing they asked for was my credit card number.  YEAH RIGHT!!!!!  Obviously, I didn't feel comfortable giving it to them so now I have to wait for the charges to post, then have my bank so a three-way call to BBG to discuss the charges.  I'm serious, this bad luck better end.... quick!!!  I'm not used to this crap and it's starting to freak me out.

3.  While I have been trying to figure out why all this bad stuff is happening to me, my mom brings up the fact that I only threw two coins, not three, into the Trevi Fountain when I made my wish.  Damn it!  None of the books that I read before going to the Trevi said anything about THREE COINS!  It just said "coins".  No number, nothing.  So, I threw one euro coin and one US coin and thought I was good to go.  Well, later that night, I read that you're supposed to throw three.  Could that possibly be the cause of my bad luck?  Or could it be that the Pope missed me when he was blessing the crowd?

At least there's some good news from that antique puppet!  Oh well.... hoping everything gets a little brighter soon!

xoxo,

Chrissi

No comments:

Post a Comment