Sunday, July 28, 2013

Big news!

Hey y'all!

I hope everyone is doing well!  We're finally in our house and actually settled in pretty well.  We are loving our house and neighborhood and neighbors.  Everything is great!  The only thing that's hard to get used to is the fact that we're at least 20-30 minutes from anything (besides the commissary on base). So, that's not super fun but hey, it saves money, right?  No more daily random trips to Target for nothing in particular and leaving with over $50 worth of stuff.  haha  But, all-in-all, we're loving it and so is Max.  There are tons of kids in the neighborhood who are always outside so that's awesome.

The weather has been so nice up here the past few days.  On Thursday, the high was about 68 and it was amazing!!!  It was about 82-85 yesterday and today so it's been great.  Windows open in the morning and evening just make life so enjoyable!  :)

Christian has been home for a while now and doesn't have any trips planned until he leaves for det on August 12th.  So, that's been great.  It will be a little adjustment when he leaves since, like I said, we're so far from everything.  But, we'll make it work and go to the playground a lot!  I'm hoping to get a bike with a seat for Max before Christian leaves so we can go for long bike rides to kill time and get outside.

I'm going to NYC next Saturday with two of my girlfriends for one of their birthdays!  We're staying the night so this will be the first time I've ever been away from Max overnight and I'm having a little (actually a lot) anxiety about it.  I know he'll be 100 percent fine with Christian but I'm going to miss him SOOOOO much!  :(  But, NYC will be fun.

Well, anyway, let me get to the point of my post!  :)  I think everyone who actually gets this blog emailed to them already knows but I figured I'd make it "internet official".  :)  Soooooo.... Christian and I are expecting baby number two!  Due date is Feb. 6th and we're super excited!  The kids will be almost exactly two years apart and that's what we've always wanted so it's great.  To tell you the truth, I'm also pretty terrified.  I know how hard the first few months of a baby's life are and I can only imagine how much more complex it will be to add a toddler into that newborn crazy mix.  But, we'll make it.  haha  I'm so excited to see Max as a big brother.  I already ask him "where's momma's baby?" and he'll point to my belly.  :)  He's so smart and so funny.  I can't imagine loving anything/anyone more than that little boy but I hear your heart just grows to fit that extra love in.  That's pretty amazing.  When I first found out I was pregnant, even though we were trying for number 2, I cried a lot about Max no longer being my only baby and how he was going to handle it, etc, etc.  I still worry that I won't get much alone time with my little man once baby comes but I'm sure it will all even out.  If anyone has any support or encouragement in that respect, I'd love to hear it!

I've chosen a new OB up here and decided to deliver at a different hospital from where Max was born.  I'm delivering at a hospital that has the Baby Friendly designation from the World Health Organization and UNICEF.  It's basically more focused on natural mother/baby bonding and extremely breastfeeding friendly.  So, I'm excited to see how different the experience will be.  I've heard it's night and day difference so it will be interesting!  A friend of mine who lives around here is due with her second soon and she has also chosen to deliver at a Baby Friendly hospital so I'll hear all about her experience soon!  :)

So, that's our news!  It's been a crazy few months for us, to say the least!  But, what else would anyone expect from the Jenkins family, right?!  haha  But, we're extremely happy to be settled in a great house with plenty of room (and central AC!).  :)

Anyway, y'all have a great week coming up!  Talk soon,

Chrissi  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment